Questions & Answers
How do I book a town crier for my event?
2. If there is no crier local to you, the Guild Secretary or Membership Secretary can put you in contact with other criers who may be able to help.
How can my town obtain the services another town’s crier?
1. Contact the Town Hall of the town where the crier is based and ask permission. Normally they will refer you to the crier.
2. Contact the crier to make arrangements.
How can my town recruit a town crier?
1. Contact your Town or City Hall. Requests for town criers need to be supported by the local council.
2. Contact the Membership Secretary with copies of the forms who will process the application.
3. On approval, new criers will become full membership of the Ancient and Honourable Guild of Town Criers.
My relative was a town crier, how can I find out more?
Those wishing to research their relatives and local historians should contact the Guild Archivist [e-mail link]
Who should I contact about x?
President: William Malin ~ Honorary officer of the Guild.
Chairman: Robert Needham ~ Policy matters; Discipline of members.
Vice-chairman: Frank Barton ~ Policy Matters; Discipline of members.
Secretary: David Peters ~ Booking criers for events; Companies Act
Membership Secretary: ~ New and existing membership issues.
Competition Co-ordinator ~ Competitions.
Treasurer: Anthony Church ~ Financial matters, including public liability
Almoner: Trevor Heeks ~ Social support for members and their families.
The AHGTC is a Private Company Limited by Guarantee
Registered in England No. 4004474