MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
- The company's name is "The Ancient and Honourable Guild of Town Criers
- The company will be a private company limited by guarantee
- Any profits, or other income, are to be spent on promoting the
company's objects. No dividends are to be paid to members.
- The company's registered office is to be situated in England and Wales
- The company's objects are:
- The organisation, promotion and support of Town Criers and the art
of Town Crying.
- The undertaking of commercial activities in pursuance of object (i)
- Investment in subsidiary companies to further the aims of objects
(i) and (ii)
- The liabilities of the members is limited.
- Every member of the company undertakes to contribute such amount as
may be required (not exceeding £1) to the company's assets if it shall be
wound up while he shall be a member or within one year after he ceases to
be a member, for payment of the company's debts and liabilities contracted
before he ceases to be a member, and of the costs, charges and expenses of
winding up, and for the adjustment of the rights of the contributors among
themselves. If the company is wound up, all remaining assets are to be
transferred to a charitable body designated by the members.